Become a Bearfoot Theory Guest Contributor
We are looking to expand the breadth of our content and to highlight new voices and viewpoints, so we can be an even better outdoor resource for our readers. If you are an outdoor enthusiast who wants to share their knowledge, travel planning tips, itineraries, or unique perspective with the Bearfoot Theory community, we would love to consider you as a guest contributor.
In addition, we are also interested in covering new topics related to the outdoor lifestyle. If you are someone who likes to dive deep into challenging issues facing our planet, helps people develop healthy and mindful practices, and/or wants to ensure the outdoors is a place where everyone feels welcome, regardless of race, gender, lifestyle preferences, or appearance, we’d love to hear from you.
By sharing new perspectives on these broader outdoor-related topics, our goal is to help people (and women specifically) have transformative experiences through nature and to bring together a community of outdoor enthusiasts who care about the bigger picture.
Topics We’re Looking to Cover
- Instructional guides/skill building posts
- North America road trip itineraries
- US National Park guides
- Hiking and backpacking trail guides
- A Local’s Guide to …..
- Sustainable living tips
- Environmental advocacy and conservation
- Diversity in the outdoors
- Health, wellness, and mindfulness
- Plant-based lifestyle
- Parenting outdoors
- Eco-friendly travel and gear
Why Write for Us
Bearfoot Theory receives over 500k page views per month and is a platform where you can share your knowledge, experience, and raise awareness for issues that you care about. In exchange for your contribution, in your blog post, we will provide a do-follow link to your website or portfolio to help you build important Google juice, as well as a link to your social channels. In addition, when your article is published, we will share it in our newsletter with a link to your website, and we’ll tag you when we share the blog post on our social channels.
Blog Post Guidelines
Before submitting your blog post, you should be familiar with the type of content we publish on Bearfoot Theory, our voice, and our writing style.
- We use a conversational tone across the blog and write in a friendly, non-judgmental, welcoming voice
- We take pride in providing accurate, detailed information
- Posts are typically 1,000 – 2,500 words
- Blog posts should be well written and use proper grammar and be error free. Blog posts that require lot of editing will not be published.
- All blog posts must help readers in some way (i.e. the post must teach readers how to do something or provide them with helpful information or a new perspective)
- The post should have an intro followed by content broken up into sections that are easy to digest. Please refer to some of our new blog content for examples.
- Photos are required and should be resized to 2000 px wide if possible. Please don’t pitch an article that you don’t have 6-8 good photos for at minimum (stock photos will not be accepted).
- Your blog post must be original and not published on any other sites.
- Article and photos must be submitted via a Google Drive or Dropbox link
How to Pitch your Article
To submit an article idea for consideration, please fill out the form below where you can pitch your blog post ideas.
While we appreciate every submission, due to the volume of requests we receive, you will only hear from us if we are interested in moving forward with your blog post. Please give us 30 days to respond. If you don’t hear from us within 30 days, you can assume that we will not be publishing your article and you should feel free to submit to another outlet or publish on your own website. Thank you for understanding!
Note: We do not accept guest post submissions from brands, SEO agencies, or PR firms.